Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Usborne What's Inside You? Review


Usborne has this great series called the Usborne Starting Point Science. This series is geared towards young children ages 6 and up. The series has detailed pictures and easy to understand text.

I especially like the book from the series titled What's Inside You?This book was extremely helpful in explaining to my kids when I had to go in for my second open heart surgery to replace the mitral valve. I started with this book to help explain to them why the heart is important, what the heart does, and what was wrong with mine making it not work.

Some of the topics covered in this book are eating, where does your food go, breathing, skin, hearing and touching. There are also parts that cover inside your head, your skeleton, muscles, eyes, and what makes up your body.

This is a great book to start teaching your children what a complex thing their bodies actually are, and yet it's simple enough that they can understand what is being taught easily.

If you have a child who is interested in their body and what it can do and how it all works then I definitely recommend What's Inside You?

No comments: