Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Usborne Learning Palette Review

I just recently purchased the Usborne Learning Palette base, and a few math cards to go with it. I admit I was a little leery about whether this would help reinforce what I am teaching the girls in our home school or if it would be just a waste of money and time.

Well, I can now wholeheartedly say that the Learning Palettes are great! The girls love them, my youngest now asks if we can play the math game with the circles! And I love it because it does really reinforce and help me teach new math concepts to the girls. The bonus is that it is self-correcting, once the kids know how to use it, they can use it when ever you and they want to.

That's right a little break for us busy moms to get something else done while they are having fun and learning at the same time! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a fun way to teach and reinforce math concepts.

This would be a great tool to use in the classroom at either a public or private school as well as in any home school.

You can either purchase the Base and the cards separately, thus giving you the chance to pick what your child needs to work on, or you can purchase one complete kit. Each kit comes with a learning base and a certain amount of cards, depending on what kit you choose depends on what cards you get.

With the Learning Palette base, pictured at the top left corner, you receive the base, 12 colored discs, instructions and a sturdy self-containing lid. The base works with all card titles that are available from Usborne books. You can even purchase replacement discs if any of your discs get lost! I just love the way Usborne thinks about the customers and their needs.










There are math and reading cards to choose from! I will admit that I do not have any of the reading cards, but we do have quite a few of the math concepts cards.

If you would like to check out the full line of Learning Palette cards, visit Usborne Books. Take some time and browse around!

No comments: