Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Usborne Fairytale Jigsaw Book Review

My two girls love this book! Yes, I too am seeing a pattern here, all the books that I have reviewed so far are ones that my girls adore reading. I guess it makes sense that the ones that come to mind when I sit down to write a review are the ones that my girls read over and over again!

Yes, there are a few that are not on the "I love list" but I have not yet found an Usborne book that we did not enjoy. But, I do not own every book that they have published, there are so many choices! That's another thing I love about Usborne, the amount of great choices that they have.

Anyway, back to the review. The Usborne Fairytale Jigsaw Book has six classic fairytales along with six jigsaw puzzles to go along with each story. Yes, the stories are familiar ones but the favorite part of this book is the jigsaw puzzles that are included.

Each jigsaw puzzle has a great cute cutout in the middle that goes along with the story. For example Cinderella has a glass slipper, Goldilocks a bear and so on. It is so cute and clever that I just smile. Okay, so I'm a little impressed by cute, creative, and clever things.

***Usborne no longer carries this title.  But there are plenty of Usborne Jigsaw titles as well as Fairytales.

No comments: